[RC] electrolytes/dehydration - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Tami home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I have only been in a 22 mile ride but have done longer in training.  I
plan to do a fifty by the end of this summer but before I get serious I need
more information.  I was wondering how to tell when your horse is requiring
electrolyte replacement, the pinch test?  does that not just mean they need to
drink?  What about ulcers in endurance horses that are given a lot of
electrolytes?  I haven't heard any more about it since an article a few years
ago?  Thanks for any info you can provide, Tami

a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long