RE: [RC] PVC portable corral fencing? - Laurie Underwood

We used to use that system.  We made the panels ourselves -- cut the PVC
to length and glued the pieces together.  And we ran electrical tape
around the top to prevent horses from leaning on them.  On the plus
side, they are lightweight and portable and create a great visual
barrier.  On the downside, they take up a considerable amount of room,
will eventually come apart as the glue dries out or from the stresses of
being loaded/unloaded many times, and will shatter pretty easily if a
rolling horse gets a foot caught (our horses haven't done that, but a
friend's horse did -- they used one side of our fencing and tied their
hot wire into it -- and their horse took our a couple of sections). You
do have to provide some stability with them as well.  We used 5 or 7
foot metal t-posts, and then velcroed or bungeed the panels to them.

I will probably go back to electric tape fencing -- my horse respects
hot wire, and as I learned at Sandhills, if you position your trailer,
truck and tent properly, you can pretty well "seal off" your camp area
and prevent loose horses from blowing through and taking your horse out.
Also a whole lot easier than pounding in t-posts when the ground is dry
in say, August!

Laurie Underwood