Re: [RC] Hi Tie - Ferne Fedeli

I think you need to teach that horse not to pull back!?!  LOL.  Much
easier said than done!  My Arab went through about a 6 month period of
pulling back a couple of years after I got him.  I don't really know
what prompted it.  We went through several snaps, a couple of lead ropes
and then I got him one of those bungee-type leads and that did the
trick.  He would pull back on it and nothing happened, so he would back
up a little and pull some more with no results.  He must have thought it
over a bit and figured he'd lost his touch , but after using that just a
few times he stopped pulling and never did it again.  I've had him 12
years now...
Ferne

I have a question for people who use Hi Ties: what happens if you have
horse that is a puller?  The kind that will lean back against a rope
and
just hang there with all of his weight until the snap breaks.  In
which case
you use a heavy rope with a bull snap that he can't break, but he will
just
almost sit down while pulling.  Can a Hi Tie survive that?????

Barbara

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond