Re: [RC] [RC] On vacation - terry banister

Montana de Oro State Park!
Near Morro Bay, CA
"Horseback riding is a popular activity in the park - and there's quite a few horse trails. You can camp overnight with your horses at one of the six horse camps for family and group outings, complete with pipe corrals and plenty of parking for horse trailers."

We did it 4 yrs. ago. You can ride on the beach one day and look down on it from the mountaintops the next!

Reservations: 800-444-7275 or www.parks.ca.gov
Questions 805-772-7434 (live ranger)
Happy Trails!
Terry

>From: LILLYAMY@xxxxxxx
>To: lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [RC] On vacation
>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:51:15 EST
>
>I love that "Life is a journey...." summation. I've sent it to my family and
>friends. It's a good reminder to just go for it sometimes.
>
>I'm going on vacation in April. I'd like to go camping with my horse for
>about a week in the San Luis Obispo area and actually ride on the beach. I've
>been to Rancho Oso. Does anyone know of a horse campground that has corrals and
>some type of cabins and showers or amenities for "light camping." :) Any
>imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
>Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
>see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
>~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm
>
>ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding. ~ Homer Saferwiffle