[RC] PVC Pipe Corral - Shirley Woolaver

I made a PVC portable corral last year.  I thought it was a great idea... inexpensive($120)/ easy for me to carry... My horse was fine in it until she saw her friend who had been tied to the  other side of the trailer trot off. She leaned on the pipe , kind of weaving on it, while leaning on it. She learned VERY fast that she could lean on the pipe and it would bend.  That was enough for me... I took down the corral and tied her to the trailer.   I don't think anything would have happened, she calms down pretty quick  and probably would not have leaned hard enough to do any damage, BUT I did not want to take the chance having her in there for a weekend.  I have enough to think about at a ride and did not want to worry about it!

Might work, might not.  The idea of the PVC corral with a line of electric fence on the top sounds like a good idea... Then they would not lean on it.
Shirl

Do you Yahoo!?