Re: [RC] [RC] Setting Fire to Tents - Don't worrty, this Newbie will still ride - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Christina CSchiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just wanted to let you all know that even though my friend has told me about
her bad first experience, I am still planning on going to my first ER sometime
this year or next (depends when my young horse is ready). Each person needs to
form their OWN opinion, not just based on ONE story they heard from ONE person.
My thoughts on her situation is that it was an isolated icident. (one thing I
want to reiterate is that she said the whole weekend, it seemed as if
*everyone* was just way to *competitive* and just out to win at any cost, it
just wasn't the tent fire she was upset about). There are always a couple of
bad eggs in EVERY group. It's just too bad that she formed such a strong
judgment that she adamately stands by to this day (even though it took place
years ago). I have been reading ridecamp for about a year or so, and MOST
everyone sounds great.
Christina

"...a new friend, she mentioned a horrible experience she had at
her very first ER ride that was a few years ago in Florida.
Because of it, she will never participate in ER rides again.
..., someone cut a couple of tents with a knife, and another one
was set on fire!

Christina"

taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards