Re: [RC] some folks dont speak arabian/jigging horse - MtnRondi

In a message dated 3/23/2004 6:05:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I do know that our horses are better "watch horses" than our dogs are "watchdogs

That's a fact... One afternoon I was out riding and my horse really started pricking his ears and staring at a large rock off to the side of the dirt road in the bushes. I told him "don't be silly, we pass this rock every day", but his eyeballs were riveted to the rock. As we passed I caught a glimpse of some movement and saw the top of a hat and part of a rifle. Egads... Rondi was right. There was something there. I just kept moving along and pretty soon a group of soldiers came marching down the road all dressed in camouflage with their rifles over their shoulders. Apparently they were doing some kind of mountain training. I kept my mouth shut and didn't tell them they were going to be "ambushed" pretty soon. (They needed a horse to save them, haha)

Bonnie
So. Calif.