[RC] water on trails - Karla Watson

I have the opposite problem with water. I have an arab youngster who just LOVES to play in water. So when we come to water on the trail, he dives in and plays in it and then tries to lay in it, roll in it, stick his nose way deep in it, send it flying! The water hole is just playground equipment for him!! Its quite amusing but he can be a bit difficult to handle in it. This last winter he would go out and roll in the VERY cold water that was a small lake in the pasture! It was freezing cold but he didn't care. Guess he missed that "water phobia" gene in his arab lineage.

Karla Watson

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 2:53 PM
Subject: [RC] Walking on tarps

  Too funny.  Last year I was having problems with my young Arab gelding and
water.  So we did the tarp with the water running over it.  I had him
walking on a tarp before he was a year old.  He was very happy to prance
over the tarp, through the standing water.  Would stop and lip at the water,
hey that was great.  BUT when I asked him to walk over the water that was
running off the edge of the tarp over the gravel, that was a stream of a
different color.  THAT was no fun at all.  Such silly horses.

  Becky R.  & Cezarr, who still doesn't like walking in mud, but tarps are
cool.

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards