Re: [RC] some folks dont speak arabian/jigging horse - heidi

Actaully of the seven horses I have - four Arabs and three walking
horses, the Arabs as far as intelligence come in 4, 5, 6 and 7. Yes they
 are more sensitive, but sensitivity without the smarts to go along is
not a good mix.

If I'm lost at 2 AM on the trail and have no ideal how to get back to
camp and it is cold and I have no extra clothes and no food, I'll take
one of my walking horses any day at least I know I will live.

But hey - that's just my herd.

Either that, or they are so smart that they want to get rid of you.  <g>

Most of the Arabs I've ridden over the years, if I found myself in those
circumstances, I'd've been glad to have taken the bridle off and let them
take me home.  (Or to the trailer--they've all been excellent about
remembering where we parked, too.)

Maybe you have to be smart enough to select the good ones??

Heidi

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM