Re: [RC] some folks dont speak arabian/jigging horse - heidi

But he will never match up to the mare as a good
stable  trail mount and neither will any Arab I've seen.

Sorry you've never seen a good one, Truman.  Ours spot elk 2 hills
over--they don't get goofy about it--but they sure tell us they're there.
I sure appreciated that attentiveness when I used to ride for cattle--I
could ride down a ridge and watch my Arab's ears, and if he gave a curious
look down in the draw, I knew I had to ride down there for a cow.  If he
didn't, then there weren't any down there.  I rarely missed any, just
going by my horses' say-so.

There is a reson the Arab has the reputation it does and it's not
because everyone is biased.

They have the bad rep because of what a few idiots have done in the name
of breeding show champions.  Same thing with TWHs--the old-style ones bred
to work are good horses, the show variety isn't worth the powder to blow
it away.  But with the Arabs, too many folks look at the pedigrees and
bliss out over the "famous names" in there, and think they got something
nifty--and if they are worth 2 cents, it's because they took after the
horses in there they never heard of...

Heidi

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long