Re: [RC] some folks dont speak arabian/jigging horse - Truman Prevatt

Jim,

BTW MB rides a walking horse;-).  My walking horse mare was much more attentive of the what was going on than any Arab I've ever seen. She told me a mile - sometimse two away that something was up there. We rode up to it together. She didn't wait till it was beside her!  True I'm not a big fan of Arabs and it's not just because of the Jbird. Actually the Jbird is a good horse - got a few warts but don't  we all and besides he's my buddy. But he will never match up to the mare as a good stable trail mount and neither will any Arab I've seen.

There is a reson the Arab has the reputation it does and it's not because everyone is biased.

Flame away folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truman

Jim Holland wrote:
It seems that even with the proliferation of all the "natural horsemanship" trainers out there, the people like Tom Dorrance and Ray Hunt who developed an "empathy" with the horse are hard to find.  The "ideal horse" these days seems to be one that you can treat like a motorcycle or ATV.  Just hop on, step on the gas an off you go.

A better relationship is one where there is a "partnership" between horse and rider.  Someone on Ridecamp (Barb McCrary? Maryben?) once said something like "No one will ever sneak up on you if you own an Arabian".

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.