Re: [RC] some folks dont speak arabian/jigging horse - sreid

There is a reson the Arab has the reputation it does and it's not because everyone is biased.

No, its because many people have the wrong temprament for Arabs and are better off sticking with a horse that isn't as sensitive and intelligent as an Arabian horse.
Sylvia

Hey Guys,
Actually you are both right. Arabs are more reactive than other non-arab based breeds, and not many people are in tune enough to get it.What it boils down to is that Arabs shout about things and people must whisper. QH s whisper while people shout.  Someone won't sneak up on you when you are are on a QH, you just have to listen to him whisper. When you are on the Arab, you must be ready for the scream.

BTW, I own 1QH, 2 Arab and a 2TBs. I also have all those Connemaras, but they are a different story.Over the years I have worked with almost all the breeds: Pasos, Appys, Walkers, Fox Trotters,  Warmbloods, Paints, and welsh ponies. Even mustangs and chincotegue ponies! Each horse is his or her own personality, independent from his breed, just like the people who love them. We must learn to tolerate all kinds, just like we were taught long ago. Every horse or person has something to teach us. (Your moment of Zen)
Sally