[RC] mules - Robin & Mary-Anne Dorchester

Hi,

I had a neighbour that had a herd of horses and mules.  He had an intact male mule (forgive my ignorance of terminology) named Blackjack, with this herd.  That critter was the herd stallion, had exactly the same behaviours as a stallion.  Our mare got into his herd once when she was in heat and we had a heck of a time getting her back.  Thankfully, there was no harm done to any of the critters and poor old Blackjack, being a mule,  was just shooting blanks. (The fences were beefed up immediately after we got the mare back).  I never really understood why Blackjack wasn't a gelding (again, forgive my terminology).

Mary-Anne