[RC] Mules - Doris Roesch

Mules have come a long way and so have the people that train and love them. I started riding a mule in endurance in 1978.  J.J. stands barely 14 hds. I had many wonderful rides with him. Still sound, he is retired now at 36 years old. We use him in a riding program. I have rode several mules in endurance over the years and know of many very competitive mules in endurance right now. My current mule Taj Mahal stands 17 hands tall. He is out of a TB mare. I started riding him in endurance last year. We trained for two years before getting serious. He placed 10. 7. 6. 2. and then won a 50 miler in 4.55 min. After that ,work forced me to quit endurance for the year. Anyone interested in a mule should be aware that it takes the same time, same patience same conditioning for a mule than it does for a horse. Mules are very smart and remember good things as well as bad ones. We raise mules for the show ring as well as the race track. visit our website : www.diamondcreekmules.com. A endurance prospect should be out of a suitable mare. One would not use a Belgian for endurance. Why use a draft mule.   Doris Roesch           AERC 122946