[RC] Mules - sreid

There is a wonderful pair of mules offered for sale near here: "Team Blonde" molly belgian mules--ride, drive and trail ride. That way you always have a spare horse.

I too was thinking about a mule to ride. There is a beautiful light grey mule across the street that just sings every time I ride one of my horses. He is so lonely by himself. Would I be a fool to take him in and try to ride him?

Years ago I helped a friend break his mule "woody" (short for wooden head) This man came from a long line of hill-billy mule skinners and even he had trouble. John said riding woody was like herding buffalo, it's easy as long as you are going the way they want to go.  Woody was a black walking horse mule out of tennesee, and man he could move on.... that was the trouble, every time he wanted to stop the beast he had to reach up and cover his eyes. After he ran out of "trail memory" he would stop. It took him months to train him to whoa! BTW he did endurance on him in the early 80's. Used to put the horse in a big trot and only stop for VC. Woody wanted it that way. (he couldn't stop the mule anyway)
you mule skinners out there, should I get the lonely mule across the street? I am used to subtle horses like Arabs, TBs ect.
Sally