Re: [RC] knapweed and lupine - Sisu West Ranch

I've heard that before.  Goats and/or sheep have been used to control
knapweed and other's of our problem plants.  As near as I can tell knapweed
is a problem in our pastures because it prevents the establishment or
regrowth of desireable grasses (that would contribute more to the horse's
nutrition in the long run) and because it can then spread to other areas and
eliminate normal plants from them.

I found out this spring in my pest class, that the knapweeds are very rare
on their home areas.  Part of the reason was insects. (Selected insects are
being released  now with some good effect).  The rest of the story is
unknown to the speaker, and presumably to science as well.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano