Re: [RC] Why do we have Rule 13? - Sisu West Ranch

"...Might be something the AERC could think about so if you have a specific issue you can get it addressed rather than hope you are in compliance..."

But the AERC has addressed the issue, some people do not listen.  The AERC has said in essence "If it is not specifically permitted it is forbidden"  Regumate is specifically permitted.  Everything else is forbidden.

The other way is to say "everything is permitted except that which is forbidden"  AERC has not chosen to use that approach.

People who like herbals want to believe that they are safe, good and different than other substances.  The fact that they are no different than any other substance.  Some are good, some are bad, some make no difference.  It is not confusing, it is not hard: Don't feed stuff to your horse during or near to competition that may contain a prohibited substance.

By the way, there are those who know a lot more about horse health and training than I do who feel that allowing regumate was a big mistake.  It opens the door to discussion of allowing the sanction of other drugs.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875