[RC] Sandy DSA re: Fadjur - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laura ilaura@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sandy,
I just had to post in reply to your e-mail regarding the passing of Sierra
Fadwah.
I was in the market for a new horse last year, after losing my aged Arabian
Mare, Wind of Hazaiah, when I came across an ad in our Little Nickel for a 7
year old purebred Arab gelding.  The ad stated that he was an excellent trail
horse and that he was a bay and they were only asking for $1500.
I knew I wanted a purebred Arabian after I had done some extensive research on
my deceased mare's pedigree.  I didn't have a lot of money, however, so I
called the number in the ad and immediately went out to see the horse.
They were saddling him when I got there and he looked rather tall and lanky.
His handler was the opposite of calm and comforting, so the horse was a bit
frazzled.
The horse was known as Red and the woman said he was registered, but that she
was having trouble locating his papers.  Well, I fell in love with the horse
after an hour, to say the least and wanted to buy him.  I was concerned that
she didn't know of his breeding and couldn't even give me a registered name so
I checked the stollen horse websites.  He wasn't there, so I bought him with a
bill of sale and proceeded to nag her every week for his registration papers.
After months of nagging, she told me that she had never transfered the
registration over into her name, so she gave the name of the registered owner
with IAHA.
I looked the name up in the registry and found several horses listed and the
last one, matched Red's description perfectly, except for his age (9) and the
fact that his registration hadn't been changed to reflect that he had been
gelded.
Well, I nearly fell out of my chair when I realized that the horse I had just
purchased was, in fact, "In Fadjurs Memory" out of Fadjurs Prize!
I'm new to endurance, but after realizing that it was Red's calling, decided to
contact a neighbor who was experienced in endurance to show us the ropes.  Red
and I are both thoroughly loving it and have yet to participate in a race, but
our training is going well.  We look forward to meeting you all and you'll
recognize me as the 24 year old brunette with the biggest grin on her face
aboard a fadjur look-alike.
Thanks,
Laura

also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm