Re: [RC] Hidalgo - sreid

VIGO in homies? What a great image to end a perfectly miserable day.....Thanks!
Sally
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:24 PM
Subject: [RC] Hidalgo

My take on it was a cross between Lawrence of Arabia and Indiana Jones, starring Mr Ed.  Why why why do movie makers have to depict horses as so cartoonishly intelligent?  But I have to admit--despite shaking my head and rolling my eyes at about every other scene--I enjoyed myself. I can't really explain why I liked it, and all I seemed to do was pick it apart when we were walking out, but this IS Disney after all...I just wonder if Vigo was wearing Homies in the last race scene (Hey, what a great idea for an endorsement...plus wouldn't we all like to see him in the contest!).  It was also fun to pick out the truly horsey people in the audience.  The women next to me almost yelled "hey he's still got his shoes on!" at the last scene.