[RC] A new table - DreamWeaver

This is only for the very anal :-) (is that a good warning?) http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/ Click on the link at the top next to the NEW button.

If anybody would like to contribute their feed to the list, I need the following information: Brand, Name of feed, % of molasses, fat, protein, fiber, and the feed type. You will probably need to contact the dealer or rep to get the molasses content. The fields that are left blank now, are because we haven't gotten a reply, so feel free to try and get that info for me :-). Email it to me: nvrider @ charter.net (some of the feed manufacturers did write back with recommendations of what I should feed) :^) Purina and Manna Pro win hands down for their customer service and response time.

I did this because, at the start of the 20 Mule Team 100, it turned out that I was riding a horse psyched up on a sugar high, for I had been feeding him from a new bag of beet pulp pellets all week long that turned out to have 15% molasses in it. Well DUH, he'd been mostly being fed *plain* beet pulp previously and wow, that was an exciting ride start! I've had a lot of ride starts, and think that was probably one of only two or three that I really would not care to do over again! lol Thank goodness it wore off by the 8 mile point, and the rest of the way I had my regular horse back. I had already learned the hard way that I could not feed one of my other horses Complete Advantage for very long in a multiday without causing additional unnecessary levitation and as much sideways as forward movement. Simply changing from CA to Equine Senior or the MannaPro Complete Feed has made a huge difference.

btw, if the website link doesn't work, try again tomorrow, or the next day. One of the faults of having a free website, it can only handle so much bandwith each day.

Karen
in NV

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano