RE: [RC] Hidalgo - Carol

To the girl who wrote that she couldn't believe Hidalgo would chose running free over staying with his owner, you must have a very special horse. I have no doubt that no matter how well we take care of our horses, no matter how much we love them, if our horses saw all those horses running free past them and we let them loose, they would run after the other horses, in 2 seconds, and they wouldn't look back either!  I think most horses would chose to go with the herd. It's a survival instinct to want to stay with the herd, ie. protection against predators.
Other people on RC were downright disgusted with the movie. I think they should just 'chill out', gosh, it's just a movie, don't get your panties in a bunch.Yeh, there were obvious mistakes like when he takes the saddle off after riding all day and the horse isn't even sweaty or dirty. Yada, yada, yada. If you thought this was going to be a documentary, you should have demanded your money back. It's Disney, get a clue! I don't think the shoes were a big deal, when he let Hidalgo free. If he's like my horse he'll lose them in 4-6 weeks anyways. It wasn't as good as Seabiscuit, but still entertaining enough, that I would recommend it ,if you just want to leave your brain at home and eat a box of popcorn. Extra butter, please.: )
Carol