Re: [RC] One more interview :-) - Jim Holland

Actually I think Debra and Vali have over 7000 miles now.

I met Debra years ago when I was crewing a lot and have known her husband
Doug for many years.  Doug used to have this Paint horse that he competed
on.  He would park his truck and turn "Ol Paint" loose and he would graze
around while Doug set up camp.  What a great horse!

Debra and Doug were out of Endurance for a while moving and for other
personal reasons.  Then at Hallelujah a couple of years ago, I caught up
with her on the last loop of the 50.  I was embarassed that I didn't
recognize her, although she looked familiar.  We were about 12th or
13th....somewhere in there...no chance of a Top Ten. Had a great time riding
along with her and listening to her stories of rides with Vali.
Particularly loved the one about doing  "Braile Trail" in the middle of the
night at OD. Vali is so tiny!  We were trotting along and I was looking DOWN
on them. Sunny has a BIG trot, but that little girl can REALLY move out.
Debra is not big, but she has long legs and it appears that her toes would
drag on the hills!   She graciously offered for me to go on ahead, since she
was in no hurry, but I wasn't about to ride off.....insisted on HER
finishing ahead of me.....I was in awe of that little horse....

This little mare is what "heart" in a horse is all about.  Read her story.
She deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.  Anyone know if she's even been
nominated?  Stagg's horse Drubin was inducted this year and he certainly
deserves the honor.  However, if you look at Vali and Drubin's records, they
are comparable, but Vali has almost  3000 more miles and twice as many
completions.

Come on, SE......how about a campaign for this great little horse?

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic