[RC] sticky stifles - Amy Martin

<<Gosh, Amy, what  bad luck. I don't know about competing on a horse under
the circumstances you are suggesting. even though she's a good mare, what is
mile after mile of     terrain going to do to those legs? I guess if she
were my mare, I'd find a different job for her and find a horse who has the
legs to hold up to distance competition.  >>

Ahh, but that is the dilemma, vet says long straight periods of trotting is
what she needs to strengthen the quads to tighten the stifles so I was
thinking this would be the sport for her.  I have been hoping the miles will
help her not hurt her.  Am only novice in NATRC and have not done more than
a 12.5 intro to endurance ride with her so miles are not adding up that
fast.  If I can not get it sorted out I guess we will be delegated to easy
pleasure rides.  I never knew how common this was and how many suffered with
it till I started researching it.  Amy

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle