[RC] Endurance horse buyer scam (long) - beth glover

Hey Ridecampers! My girlfriend took out an ad on endurance net and got this inquiry into the animal she is selling. I have seen this scam before and can't believe anyone would try it. Let alone anyone falling for it. I believe this is highly illegal. My friend wanted me to warn everyone for her. The following is the Scam letter that she recieved and that is followed by her reply which I found to be good for a ROFL!   Beth G.

Laura Maria Jose Cortez Valdez >Criminal Prosecutor For the US Attorney's Office, no. 436 district >PhD Forensics, Phd in Law Degree from Harvard, Graduate of 1991. >A Graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, CIA, 1990. >A graduate of Harvard Business School, Masters In Business, 1990. > >Licensed in 35 of the 50 contiuous States in the USA, (not including Hawaii) >and also including 4 Providences in NW of Canada. Here to serve, protect, and >prosecute for the public since 1991. > >Breeder of Fine Equines in the USA. >Imports, and Exports in Goods and Services. > > > > We are interested in buying your above mentioned Gelding at advertised > > rate. > > It will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. > > Cost > > and modalities of shipping to be born by us. > > > > Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor > > > > owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a > > check > > for $5,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping > > costs. > > > > On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order > > .T he > > balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will > > ship > > the Goods to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us > > your > > address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also > > send > > us your phone number for easy communication. > > Looking forward to hearing from you. > > > > Thank you. > > > > Best Regards > > > > MR.JOHN MARLES. > > > >

          Her Response Was;

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? download MSN Toolbar now! ============================================================ One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail, men would ride sidesaddle. ~ Bob Morris ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================