[RC] horse trailer mangers and ground clearance - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Julie Freeland horsegirl2u@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to know what people's experiences are with hauling horses in slant
loads with mangers.   I'm looking at an 8' wide trailer and my concern is
whether the horse can drop his head enough to clear his airway.  My horses are
just average sized Arabs and the stalls seem wide (42") and roomy.
 My second question is how much ground clearance is considered enough?  Are
people blocking axles to increase the likelyhood of keeping your storage tanks?
The trailer is 23' long.  Thanks for any input!   Julie Freeland

it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano