Re: [RC] 1000 mile horses a dime a dozen? - RICMARC

Hi Angie, I started in 1976---Raised a colt I purchased at
seven months old---Started him at four--took it easy, not
endurance/ competitive--probably five 50's----he got a
virus at five which caused respirtory problems starting at
seven---he reached 6473 miles with management----- I
got an eight year old---took two years for conditioning--
he reached a little over 2000, then got a thyroid problem.
Purchased a twelve year old show horse/ best horse I ever
had to ride after we conquered his fears of the outside world.
he is twenty-two and going for his 2000 this year----
My Morab I raised from six months, who is now eleven
received his 1000 miles last year at the ECTRA banquet.
That's four horse in 28 years, I guess I'm just lucky with my
animals. I know people who have had seven horses in
ten years and never made it to 1000 miles with any of them.
I'm headed for my 11,000 this year if all goes well-------

Marcy    " KEEP ON TRUCK'IN"