Re: [RC] horse trailer mangers and ground clearance - oddfarm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 7:09 PM
Subject: [RC] horse trailer mangers and ground clearance

Please Reply to: Julie Freeland horsegirl2u@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to know what people's experiences are with hauling horses in slant
loads with mangers.   I'm looking at an 8' wide trailer and my concern is
whether the horse can drop his head enough to clear his airway.  My horses
are just average sized Arabs and the stalls seem wide (42") and roomy.
 My second question is how much ground clearance is considered enough?  Are
people blocking axles to increase the likelyhood of keeping your storage
tanks?  The trailer is 23' long.  Thanks for any input!   Julie Freeland

I haul in a four horse slant that is 8 feet wide with mangers. I put my hay
on the floor and the horses, including tank Lance have no problems reaching
down to get the hay. The mangers are a nuisance, but not really a problem.

I don't know what blocking axles means. My BAT, (big ass trailer) is 34 feet
long but my extra water tank is in the truck. I have enough clearance to get
over my driveway without taking out my holding tanks and pipes. Once I'm
clear, I'm outta here!!!
Lisa, The Odd FArm

REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards