Re: [RC] PocoBueno thing - heidi

 Perhaps my wording was not absolute in the
scientific  definition.  The way I read the report, it seemed to me that
linebreeding  Poco Bueno was enhancing or magnifying (thus causing) the
existing problem.

Unfortunately, it is imprecise wording that gives people mistaken
impressions.  It really doesn't have to do with the science--it has to do
with the meanings of words.  As Truman pointed out, "cause" and increasing
probability are not the same thing.  And as a breeder, I figured you'd
prefer to use the correct terminology.  :-)

("Enhancing" or "magnifying" would be closer to the reality as well--and
that is still not the same thing as "causing...")

Heidi

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards