Re: [RC] PocoBueno thing - Honeycrek2

In a message dated 3/2/04 9:00:11 PM Central Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As Truman pointed out, "cause" and increasing
probability are not the same thing.  And as a breeder, I figured you'd
prefer to use the correct terminology.  :-)

("Enhancing" or "magnifying" would be closer to the reality as well--and
that is still not the same thing as "causing...")

The report stated that one line to Poco Bueno would not result in the skin problem, but linebreeding Poco Bueno could result in the skin problem.  To me, that is "causing."

happy trails
Carrie Anne

Carrie A. Lewis
Honey Creek Farms Est. 1987
Prairieville, Texas
Performance Plus Arabian Horses
Visitors Welcome:
Ask us about our War Mares:  Fierce Protectors, Gentle Guardians, Fast Friends.
http://public.fotki.com/CarrieLewis/arabian_horses/
http://www.geocities.com/sultaraamee/HoneyCreekFarmsArabianHorses.html
Honey Creek Farms Riding Therapy Center
http://www.geocities.com/sultaraamee/RidingTherapyCenter.html

Stallions at Stud:
AK, SE, Asil - Sulta Ra'Amee (bay), Tammarem ww (chestnut)
AK, Asil, SO, Heirloom, AF - Greggans Kual lhf (chestnut), Moufira lhf (chestnut)
EAF, SBV, CMK, $$ - Mesqual (bay)
AF - Ibn Shallaan hc (black)
CMK, AFB - Freedom hc (liver chestnut), ka Cimmaron Wind (bay)

When age prevents me from riding, I will
Still have horses as long as
I can shuffle along with a pail.
When I can no longer shuffle, I will roll
My wheelchair to the pasture fence
To watch my horses graze.