Re: [RC] PocoBueno thing - heidi

In a statistical situation "cause and effect" have little meaning except
 in probabilistic terms. While linebreeding might not be the "cause"
depending of the horses involved linebreeding will raise the probability
 (and hence the risk) of undesired recessive traits showing up in a
foal.

Truman, you make my point that "cause" and "probability" are not the same
thing.

That said--linebreeding only raises the probability of the recessive
traits being expressed if they are there in the first place.

Heidi

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM