RE: [RC] tucker saddles - Lori Greene

My introduction to a Tucker, was on a wagon train.  A gentleman had a ssh, and was riding it with an "old timer".  I kept admiring it for the high back, and just the look of it.  He let me ride in it and I fell in love!  We live in Indiana and at the time there was only 1 Tucker dealer, 3 hrs. away.  We made the trip, and the saleslady, put me in everything, the last being the "plantation" and that fit me like a glove!  I have bad knees, and the fact that I can "set back" off my knees, and don't have the "proper balanced alignment" helps me.  I can't ride 5 minutes that way.  Anyway, she said it was the narrow twist that helped me also.   Anyway, I've pined for one ever since.  Loved the gel cush!  But I was told by someone who thought they loved it- said when they took it out on the trail they hated it.  Said it felt good to "sit in" but after you put some hours in it they hated it, and sold it.  And someone else told me that got caught in the rain in it, and it felt like it weighed in at 100 lbs, and didn't look so hot afterwards.  I really want one, but don't have the money just to take a chance on it.