Re: [RC] traveling wide - Jackie Winkleman

My mare travels wide in the back.  Sometimes the vets want her to trot out twice.  Now, most of them know that she trots wide in the back, and just make a note on the vet card at the vet-in.  Someone said maybe the ones that trot wide may have a weak back...  She's never had a sore back (except for the time we lost the saddle pad)!   I think she's a strong, sturdy horse.  She's 1/2 mustang, so I think she inhereted a lot of sturdiness (is that a word?).  I guess she wouldn't do well in the show ring, but does fine in endurance.

And, on another note... I was going to drop Sally off at a freinds house near my work so I could leave at lunch time to go to the Jennings Boogie.  I got to her house to unload Sally, and she had hurt her leg.  Not sure where yet.  I am waiting on the vet to call back now.  She's 13yrs old, and I think this is the first time she has gotten hurt.  Hopefully it is something that will heal shortly.  There's always another ride to go to.

Jackie

Do you Yahoo!?