[RC] Fragile Bones - Wendy Mancini

    This is a very interesting perspective.  Wouldn't put it past the drug companies.  Guess there needs to be a lot more independent studies.  Meantime, I won't be giving up my HRT.  It's not the bones but the hot flashes that kill you.
    Would like the article.

Roberta Jo Lieberman wrote:

Last year, I had the opportunity to work with Gill Sanson, author of the book,
The Osteoporosis "Epidemic": Well Women and the Marketing of Fear.

Her conclusion:

Osteoporosis as defined by fragility fractures is uncommon, even rare, in women
under 80 years, and the vast majority of the population never fracture as a
result of low bone density. Fractures are likely to occur in the presence of
other factors involving illness and frailty such as immobility, dementia,
medications (such as corticosteroids), thyroid conditions and hazardous home
environments.