[RC] preventing questions - jennifer a berger

Hello,

    I am very new to the sport, in fact I am planning to do my first ride in April, maybe.  In light of all this talk I had a question of my own, being new I was unsure and I am trying to make this a safe experience.  My kids would never talk to me again if I killed one of the family pets.

Is it OK for the horse to wear a heart monitor durring the race?  Also,  Iplan on the Chicken Chase to be our first ride ( 25 )  how is this ride, what can I expect?  How many VC for the 25 mile ride?

Also I would like to say as I said earlier in the week.  Comming from equine sports that are a lot less humane then this one and have a LOT more equine deaths then 8 a year, I have to say, I am impressed with the care you give to these horses legs after a ride,  I have learned a lot just reading these messages.  I think its great that there is such care in this sport for the animal.  I have been observing ride camp for a week now and there has been no talk on the care of the rider just our equine friends.  That is great.

Jenny