[RC] head shaking - Cynthia Wunder

I was working with my little mare yesterday when she became disturbed. I had asked her to move her hips around her fore and though she did not understand what I wanted she made an honest attempt and was not troubled. She made some progress. I gave her  few moments and then asked her to mover her forequarters around her back. She immediately moved forward and with a little sideways movement. I wanted her to cease the forward movement so I put some pressure on her halter. (all of this was on the ground) She became very agitated, lifted her head and shook it. She did yield  to the right for me but was disturbed and even seemed as though she may act out towards me. I gave her some time to think about it before I asked her to move again. The weird thing is that she began stretching her head down and yawning as though she were trying to pop her jaw (at least I do something similar when my TMJ acts up).

Was she having dominance/disrespect issues? confusion about what I wanted? or pain in her jaw?

She was disturbed the rest of the time I had her out although she did as I asked and came when I called her after I put her back in the field. (that is something else we are working on as I like my horses to come when called. Of the ten mares in the field she is the only one who is learning this.)

She does have a large hay belly, could it be that she is having some head/neck problems that keep her from chewing her food properly? She is on good forage.

Any advice would be appreciated, cyndi