Re: [RC] [RC] AERC ride insurance - Nancy Mitts

According to the email I received from the ride managers committee (requesting input), the new AERC insurance policy will automatically cover all rides and the ride manager will be charged for it along with their sanctioning fee. I'm glad you think $150 was a great deal. Our group got insurance (in 2003) that covered 10 endurance rides & our meetings for $65 per ride. We can add clinics and such for a reasonable fee. We haven't received our quote back for 2004, I will be very surprised if it goes up to over $150 per event.The problem with the AERC insurance is we can't get covereage for events that do not take place in conjunction with an AERC endurance ride. To insure just a meeting or clinic as stand alone events would be expensive. So, if we want to keep our group insurance ride managers willl have to pay for AERC's insurance in addition to that.
Once the company has EVERY Endurance ride in the country wrapped up, what's their incentive to keep rates competitive.....Oops, there will BE no competition. It is my understanding the policy offered to AERC is they must insure ALL THE RIDES, OR NO RIDES will be covered. And, they have been given a very short time frame to decide. (I think the conference call is/was today?)

Nancy Mitts

From: Dbeverly4@xxxxxxx

The way it works now for NATRC rides is that we can insure through Equisure
and get a really discounted rate (I think its about $150 for the whole weekend,
but I'd have to double check). We have the option of finding our own
insurance, but we get a great rate through Equisure so most rides insure that
way....it is not required (as far as I know). I have had great service as far as
getting additional insured certificates at the last minute when needed and in
advance. They have been super. Basically we get a good discount for being with
one insurance company, nobody is forced to insure with them though. It makes
so much sense, I was stunned that AERC hasn't been doing this all
along......hellloooo group discount!!!? Each ride pays as they go....no big group
thing...when you send in your sanction stuff you send in your insurance papers and fees
as an individual ride. Its pretty advantageous. I'm sure AERC looked into
all of this before they booked one insurance carrier...didnt' they?.

Sylvia

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger ? learn how here! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize