Re: [RC] Another newbie's rambling - Jennifer Layman

Perhaps that is just it!  Going slow shouldn't be considered a punishment therefore not enforced as such so that it feels like one. Perhaps the only added rule would be one that applies only to the minority of the membership that has a obvious repeated history of problems and who just doesn't seem to get it.  I think the one question that has not been answered is... is it really newbies harming horses??  It may actually be a small percentage.  The horse incidents that stand out in my mind were not newbies!!

We have rider histories... perhaps that is where the answer lies so that the changes don't affect the body at large that overall is doing a great job.  Three strikes your out (for a while).  I also think there needs to be a pattern... not just three pulls you are out (needs lots of discussion).  Plus if there is a rule in place that "punishes" offenders then perhaps newbies will be more inclined to seek mentoring.

Just more thoughts on a new approach to a very real AERC concern.

Jennifer