Re: [RC] Another newbie's rambling - Sundaez

In a message dated 12/12/2003 9:26:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, karenbrat1@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I guess my whole point is, punish the people who are hurting their horses, not the ones who aren't, whether they're first-time AERC riders or ones with thousands of miles.
Why do you see slowing down as "punishment?" Once you fullfill AERC qualifications as an endurance rider won't it be that much sweeter when you gain the title?

I want to ride my horse as close as forever as possible. If those much more experienced than me feel a need for rule change then I'm for it...I don't have the experience to say otherwise.

I have a feeling a lot of ego is getting involved in being labeled a "newbie." So what? I've done 7 LDs and a couple NATRCs...and wow I am very much a newbie even though I've ridden a long time and have been involved with other riding disciplines.

Mel...going with the flow and enjoying her horse.