Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] New Riders - proposals

Hmmm.

Whose job would it be to determine whether or not somebody was a new
rider and subject to that criteria?  The office, after the ride results
are submitted?  What is the penalty?  No completion credit?

Not the ride manager, I hope--having to research who is <4 rides and
who isn't and whether or not they met the criteria, in and around the
furor of calculating ride results before the awards--were all
checkpoints met, number checker sheets, etc.

I still think you'd get people waiting out on the trail for their
minimum time to be up.

Must meet criteria within 30 minutes at the finish "sounds" like a good
idea, but how would that be conducted--does that mean the need for
extra pulse checker help at the completion checkpoint, or are you
postulating that all completion checks happen in 30 minutes too?
Finishes aren't always in camp, in fact they're safer when somewhat out
of camp.  Could be a logistical nightmare hassle.

I hope whatever is proposed is completely detailed, with no loopholes
or vague language and penalties that can and will be enforced.

Lynne