RE: [RC] coordinates for "the edge" - Marlene Moss

<This may have been suggested already...>

<The internet supports web-casting, technology that allows speakers to address distributed groups ><simultaneously. It isn't perfect, but it's>

<**very** effective. It's convenient, cheaper than travel and reduces the impact on expert speakers> <schedules. A connection fee could be used to encourage people to "attend" as groups.>

<I used www.webex.com as a marketing and training tool on a frequent basis when I was a >

<high-techmarketing nerd; several companies offer this type of service.>

Last year I attended an online Farrier conference – and plan to do it again this year.  There are links to it from my website if anyone is interested in either the conference or the technology.  Basically, we were able to view the speakers in some cases, listen to them speak in all cases and ask questions using PalTalk, while viewing their slides on the website.  The speakers were videotaped and that was transferred to DVD or video as requested by the participants.  The organizer of the event spent some good money for that equipment and I’m betting that he would love to be able to make it available to help offset some of his own costs for the type of information that people are talking about here.  That would be a lot cheaper than purchasing it all separately unless someone out there already has it. . .

If anyone is seriously interested in putting something together and would like some contact information for the guy hosting the farrier conference, I would be happy to help.

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Moss Rock Endurance Adventures

www.mossrockendurance.com