Re: [RC] LD vs 50--Let's ruffle some feathers - Susan Young

This "discrimination" of LD riders MUST be a localized thing because we don't see it in the Central Region.

Just because a LD ride isn't an endurance ride doesn't mean that ANYONE thinks less of the LD rider or horse. LD has its place. I don't think anyone will argue that point.

My feathers get ruffled when a few try to give the LD rider the SAME recognition as the endurance rider. If a rider wants the points, awards, and recognition the endurance division gives, then complete an endurance ride. It's that simple!

I've ridden LD when it suits me. I'm all for them. I know I don't turn up my nose at a LD rider; after all, that person is riding a horse so they can't be ALL bad! (HA!...little joke there).

Just don't get upset when there is a distinction made between LD and endurance. It's nothing personal so don't make it personal.

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink; secretary, RRRSA
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?