Re: [RC] It's not the distance... - E.L. Ashbach

Optimal works if you know what optimal is, which obviously you do.  ;-)

Yep, CTR does, and we do ourselves honor as endurance riders to provide safety measures for those beginners who don't know what optimal is, and for any equine lucky enough to be brought to this life by someone who loves them.

Shoot, beginning rock climbers don't free climb.

Lisa

Heidi Smith wrote:
>Seems to me that part of "walking the rice paper without leaving footprints" is doing things as optimally as possible.  That may be fast, that may be slow.  But optimal is always best.

I might also respectfully add that there already IS a perfectly good sport with minimum time limits--it's called CTR.  It is the cup of tea for many horses and riders. The beauty of endurance is that it provides a venue for distance riding for horses whose optimal speed is either faster OR slower than CTR.

Heidi