FW: [RC] Michel Bloch & Monsieur Joseph - Gary Daniels

DBL Realtors

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
Monday, October 13, 2003 1:10 PM
To: 'RunRoskoRun@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [RC] Michel Bloch & Monsieur Joseph

Wait a minute – you are right to some extent.  First off, Heather did indeed earn it.  I my opinion, had they raced, Heather’s horse looked fresher and looked like it “could have” outrun Michel’s, providing heather’s horse would not all of the sudden cramped up, slid on a rock, or anything else for that matter.  I’m not taking anything away from Heather.  The fact remains, however, that Heather and Michel rode together most of the time since Robinson Flats and supported one another.  Towards the end right after they crossed the No-Hands Bridge and rode past me, they both had already agreed to let Heather cross the finish line first.  Nobody is making this up.  It was an agreement well before the finish line.  So, I’m sorry that you disagree, but I was there – I crewed for Michel, and I was standing on the trail when Michel agreed six miles before the finish to cross the finish line behind Heather.  Heather was right there.  Hey, I’m not knocking it.  I thought it was a wonderful thing for Michel to realize that he would not have done his horse any justice by trying to race Heather.  Again, her horse looked fabulous and they had an agreement not to foolishly race.  In Michel’s words, he felt gracious for having had the opportunity to ride with Heather for as long as he did.  Yes, they agreed to cross as they did.  Sorry.

DBL Realtors