Re: [RC] Too much pee/poop? - Barbara McCrary

Horses may be like cattle....when they get excited or agitated, their poop becomes very mushy.  For cows.....very liquid, for horses, just mushy.  I'm fairly certain of this connection.  As for the frequent peeing, I have no answer to that one, but I now have a horse that might pee twice within a slow 7-mile ride.  I was beginning to thank my lucky stars for that one, and now you have me wondering if it's OK!   >:- |  (furrowed brow of worry)

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: T.B.Pots
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 5:18 PM
Subject: [RC] Too much pee/poop?

Can a horse do the above too much for a future in endurance riding?  I watch my friend's horse, a seven year old Arabian gelding, who will pee at least two times and pass manure 10-15 times in an hour and half ride.  Oh , the manure is always runny, mushy and very wet.  His manure in the paddock is always normal.  This horse has a healthy appetitie and drinks well.  When we return home its obvious he really wants to pee while he's on the cross ties and will fuss until someone holds a bucket under him (he hates to splash himself).

Since my friend has high hopes of getting into endurance or CTR I was wondering if her horse has any special needs to be considered.

Tracy