Re: [RC] Pull Codes - Barbara McCrary

Example:  Vet passes horse to go on.  Rider starts out but realizes the horse isn't performing the way rider feels is normal for that horse.  Rider returns to vet check and announces pulling the horse.  RO-M code recorded.  If rider doesn't feel right, that's RO, if horse doesn't feel right to rider, that's RO-M.  Recall that vet has already passed the horse, because everything looks OK to vet.  Only rider knows something isn't just right.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Pull Codes

<<but if it makes the rider
feel better to have it show on the record that he/she was wise enough to
pull the horse before the vet did, so be it.>>

Pull a horse before the vet did???
Can someone enlighten me?
Is our region that much different from yours?
It works like this in the CT region:  You MUST present to the vet.  If you do not see the vet, you get DQ.  If you break a rule, you get DQ.  If the vet says your horse is not fit to continue, it is L or M or whatever.  If it IS fit to continue but you decide not to, it is RO.

One of the biggest problems I have had as a RM is when it is TWO things.  I have had M and L before.  I have had L and DQ before.  Which do you put down (for honest stats of course :)
Louise

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms