[RC] pull codes - LOUISE BURTON

Oh, this topic again!
If you do not think there is a stigma attached to pull codes, your head is in the sand.  Just look at the people who went and looked up Darolyn's ride record, and hence made some very unjust remarks about her.  I know from managing two rides a year, that riders are now a lot MORE likely to go on and try to finish a ride because they don't want that RECORD.  Hmm...could we have saved a few horses and prevented a few colics if there was not this big stigma of OMG you have an M??  Would these riders have called it a day earlier if they only got a DNF after their names?
I think our committees (vet, education) should take a good long hard look at this, and perhaps what we are doing is actually causing more harm to the horses than any "statistics" could ever provide.
I will go on record as being  against the pull codes and vote to go back to plain old DNF.  FOR THE HEALTH OF THE HORSE WE SHOULD GO BACK TO DNF.  We can send reasons to the office and it will be on the vet cards, but there is NO reason it should be published.

Louise Burton CT region

PS> Does anyone know why limited distance does not have pull codes listed?  We sure send them in to the office!

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms