Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Rider Option

  Hi John,
      Metabolism,  the sum of the physical and chemical processes .... by which energy is made available.

 The pull was metabolic, although it could be RO-M or M depending on if the vet treated or you requested treatment being safe. Chokes can be minor and resolve with no treatment in which case you could continue on.  But RO is for rider option, healthy, fit to continue horse with the rider having some issue. If the rider thinks his horse is metabolically stressed and pulls even though the horse meets criteria, it is a RO-M. If the rider feels a roughness and pulls then it should be RO-L.   At least that is my opinion.

    Jim