Re: [RC] Adios - Heidi Smith

>This Vet said something that I think most have overlooked and it has been nagging in my mind.

>Has anyone thought about the huge amounts of Electrolytes that are being shoved down these horses guts?

Amber, I have to agree.  Please see my longer post.  Large concentrated boluses of e-lytes are NOT a normal thing for the GI tract to handle, and repeated doses to an increasingly-compromised gut will, in my opinion and experience, make things worse instead of better.  If the horse NEEDS the e-lytes that drastically, then he needs to stop long enough to consume them in food, or needs to stop altogether and have IV intervention.

Heidi