Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] claming agents that won't test positive, know any?

>If some of these weeds were harvested, dried I am sure you could classify them as a herb. The whole issue about herbs is quite gray as far as I see. So in my pasture it is okay since it is a naturally occurring substance but bought at GNC the same exact substance is not allowed?

No, Truman, the rule is not gray at all.  It is just as illegal if they eat it in your pasture as if you buy it at GNC and give it to them.  It behooves endurance folks to not have their horses eating strange things.  The actual policy for implementation of the rule, though, is that if your horse tests positive for trace amounts of some off-the-wall thing that you clearly didn't give him, your violation of the rule is most apt to be treated with a warning letter, whereas if he tests positive for therapeutic amounts of something, you're gonna get whacked.

Heidi