RE: [RC] claming agents that won't test positive, know any? - Alison Farrin

From Rule 13. Endurance equines must compete entirely on their natural ability. AERC prohibits from competition equines who contain evidence of the administration of abnormal substances or of normal substances in abnormal amounts

Most herbal essences are small concentrations of plants normally occurring in a pasture. Therefore they do not meet the test of an "abnormal substance"  nor do they meet the test of a "normal substance in an abnormal amount". Looks like a permitted substance to me, until and unless you fed several bottles of it at once and exceed a normal amount.

How are you interpreting the rule to get "a substance not expressly permitted"?

Alison A. Farrin
Innovative Pension
Innovative Retirement Services
858-748-6500 x 107
alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Sisu West Ranch [mailto:ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 7:33 PM
To: Truman Prevatt
Cc: rackinfool; Stacy Jones; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] claming agents that won't test postive, know any?

There have been many discussions of the AERC drug rule on ridecamp.  The consensus has always been: "If a substance is not expressly permitted (like regumate) it is banned"  This is very different than "If a substance is not banned it is permitted"

If members want the list of permitted substances expanded they should  change the rule.  I didn't write the rule, I just follow the rule.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
Sisu West
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875